This time of year, nothing sounds more delicious than a warm bowl of soup. This is also a great way to get your daily serving of vegetables and incorporate Mila. Rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, and flavor, this soup is sure to be a major hit!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 C. vegetable stock, separated
- 3 C. greens, chopped (Swiss chard, collard greens, spinach, kale, etc.)
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp cumin
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ C. quinoa
- 2 scoops Mila
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- Using a small bowl, add Mila and one cup of vegetable stock to hydrate.
- Using a deep frying pan or wide-bottom pot, sautee chopped onion in olive oil until translucent (3-5 minutes).
- Add remaining three cups of vegetable stock, chopped greens, thyme, cumin, lemon juice, and quinoa to pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook quinoa until translucent and greens until wilted (8-10 minutes).
- Add soup and hydrated Mila (including remaining vegetable stock) to a blender and puree until smooth.
Optional: Add one clove of fresh garlic and/or hot sauce to the soup prior to blending.
You can also turn this recipe into a dip or spread by reducing the amount of vegetable stock to boil the greens by 1 ½ cups.