Learn to eat a balanced diet that is appropriate for YOU.
- “One man’s food is another’s poison.”
- Eat primarily whole fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, and legumes.
- Increase foods high in antioxidants like dark leafy greens and berries.
Drink plenty of “quality” pH balanced or alkaline water.
- Rule of thumb is to consume half your weight in ounces of water daily.
- Understand your water and how it’s been distorted. For example, get a copy of the chemical test done on the water in your area. Additionally, do you use filter that not only remove chemicals, but also remove nutrients?
- Look at ways you can improve your own water versus buying bottled.
Take care of your skin.
- Your skin is the largest organ in your body.
- Choose eco-friendly personal care products, as what you put on your skin is absorbed into your body.
- Be careful about using products that block your skin’s ability to breathe.
- Exfoliate and brush skin to stimulate toxin release and cell regeneration.
Minimize chemical exposure in your home.
- The average home is 3-5 times more toxic than outdoor pollution.
- Use VOC-free paint and eco-friendly flooring.
- Use eco-friendly cleaners.
- Keep green plants in your home that naturally filter toxins.
Adopt a lifestyle that provides balance for YOU.
- Exercise daily (mix cardio with weight-bearing and stretching.)
- Surround yourself with positive, loving people.
- Remember that you are unique! Find what works best for YOU.
By Gina Van Luven
Director of Nutrition Education
This article is for nutrition information purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with any health concerns you may have. The information in this article is not intended to promote any specific product, or for the prevention or treatment of any disease.